Saturday 21 March 2020

Ghost

How can a ghost with no figure or weight
stick deep in my side and cause so much pain
There he is at the crossing, there he is on the train
There he is when I stare through the mist of the rain

I thought that with time you would fade and you have
But invisible splinters are hard to pull out
I squeeze and I squeeze but to no avail
Your name sticks up sharp on my skin - devil's braille

Shadows of your face spin around and around
Like a worm in my brain that I have to dig out
You left fleas of madness and they've mingled with mine
So offspring in madness divide and divide

Brain cells disperse like bubbles away
On futile missions to find you again
They drift in their pairs and they cannot be still
So the void that I feel grows bigger to fill

4 comments:

  1. Finally, 2020 its been 2 years, since this blog hasnt upload any poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. As i thought, youre still active Charlotte, you might have a time line, i want to keep it up to date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the support, will try! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete